The risks of an action by the government or an employee grow each day. Just by operating your business and making day to day decisions, your actions may have consequences.
Here are 5 questions we ask every employer to help evaluate the risk. This is a subset of more than 30 questions but you will get the gist:
1. Do you have an employee handbook written by an H.R. professional and distributed to all employees?
2. Does your business use/maintain an employment application for ALL applicants?
3. Does your business have properly written job descriptions for all positions?
4. Do you hold annual training for discrimination and harassment in the workplace?
5. Have you had to discipline or terminate an employee in the last 5 years?
Think about these things and please remember that an ounce of prevention can go a long way.
Turning Point HCM