H.R. Is "RED HOT"
The risks of an action by the government or an employee grow each day. Just by operating your business and making day to day decisions, your actions may have consequences. These consequences may be the result of an action that was not on your radar as a risk, offensive or non-compliant.
So then what do you need to know? What questions should you be asking? How can you protect yourself and your business?
Here are 5 questions we ask every employer to help evaluate the risks at hand. This is a simple subset of more than 30 questions but you will get the gist:
1. Do you have an employee handbook that was written by an H.R. professional and distributed to all employees properly?
2. Does your business use/maintain an employment application for ALL applicants?
3. Does your business have properly written job descriptions for all positions?
4. Do you hold annual training for discrimination and harassment in the workplace?
5. Have you had to discipline or terminate an employee in the last 5 years?
Think about these things and please remember that an ounce of prevention can go a long way!
Turning Point HCM